Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Day in My Life

I spent the morning in the garden. I transplanted, pruned, weeded, mulched and watered.  We have had very high temperatures this past month and the ground is dry.  I'm praying for rain soon.

I'm also praying for my children, all grown now.  As I approach my 61st birthday, I realize that there isn't anything more I can say or do to nurture them to adulthood.  They are there! 

Likewise, there is little more for me to do in the garden until spring, so I will begin the next task: splitting and stacking wood for the winter. I heat my cottage with wood.

I took my dog for a walk this afternoon. We walk around the lake next to my cottage.  She and I have been doing this for more than 4 years and I realized today that both of us are slowing down.  It has been a cool day so I can't use heat as the excuse. In fact, today has been the first pleasant day in at least 6 weeks.  It is so dry here that several counties have declared a bann on burning.

Just in time for the World Equestrian Games in 19 days!  Instead of Kentucky bluegrass, our guests from around the world will find brown grass.

I've also been praying for a friend of mine who has been on pilgrimage to the holy Orthodox places in England.  There she has been richly blessed and I am awaiting her emailed reports of the pilgrimage. 

Another person I'm praying for is in prison in Peru.  Her name is Lori Berenson and if you read Spanish, you can learn about her trials and tribulations here

I continue the research in Biblical Anthropology.  There are a few detractors and some faithful supporters, but most people simply ignore the research.  Still, I press on.

No comments: