Saturday, February 11, 2023

Standing Still is a Way of Knowing

 



Knowing
by Kristen Lippert


I've seen more of the world than you

Though you may think you are well-traveled

We learn more by staying in one place

Really knowing it

Than by trotting around tourist traps



I've seen more of the world than you

Standing at bus stops

Listening to strangers tell their stories

Without a camera or a

Photo gallery to prove my proficiency



I've seen more of the world

Resting right here in my yard

Noticing dew drops and dandelions

Nothing else—

Just how nature phases the moon night to night



I've seen more of the world

In your lonely, expectant eyes

Because these feet know how to grow roots

And I want to plant you

In this abundant experience.



Kristen Lippert is a poet and a coach. She works with athletes of all ages. Her background and education include track and field, nutrition, French, and biotechnology. Her chapbook Biophilic was published in 2021. Learn more here: https://biophilicarts.net/


No comments: