Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ed Pacht Captures Mickey Blue Eyes

Mickey Blue Eyes is an astoundingly beautiful and personable female husky who obviously owns the novelist K. Spirito and accompanies her and her husband to many of their public presentations. On December 10, 2007, K Spirito was reading from her novels at the Conway Library. Mickey Blue Eyes was watching as passages about a dog were read. In his poem My Party, Ed Pacht captures the dog's evident excitement.



My Party
Ed Pacht

She's reading about a dog.
I'm a dog.
Look at me.
It's my party.
Isn't it?
Isn't it?
All those people -
they see me -
why not pet me?
It's my party.
Isn't it?
Isn't it?
Isn't it?

This poem comes from Ed's chapbook titled Among the Bards, copyright 2008.
Available from
Ed Pacht
223 Wyandotte Falls
Rochester NH 03867
$5.00 from Ed or $6.00 USA postpaid or in shops.

1 comment:

Alice C. Linsley said...

Ed, I love this poem! I'm reminded of another poem about husky dogs, written by one of my former creative writing students, Curtis Surovy. You can read it here:

http://teachgoodwriting.blogspot.com/2007/07/poem-about-dog-sledding.html