Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Blogger Receives an Honorary Doctorate

 

Alice C. Linsley (2018) at a conference in North Carolina.


Alice C. Linsley

I recently was awarded an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from St. Andrew's Theological College and Seminary in Poquoson, Virginia. This is an acknowledgement of my 37 years of research in the science of Biblical Anthropology, and an expression of gratitude for my contribution to understanding the antecedents of the all-male priesthood.

This is an honor for me, a lowly blogger who loves the Bible and enjoys detailed research. I have been blogging for 14 years. According to this 2006 report, the average lifespan of the top U.S. blogs is 33.8 months. Perseverance pays!

Please look at these Indices to gain a sense of my commitment to this work. 

INDEX at Biblical Anthropology

INDEX at Just Genesis

INDEX at Ethics Forum

INDEX at Philosophers' Corner

INDEX at Reflections on the Writing Life

I also write for this science blog, and I edit the work that appears at the Distinctive Discipleship blog. Additionally, my research is published at Academia.edu

I write every day, and I am proof that 14 years of blogging can be influential and fruitful. I hope this encourages other bloggers to keep writing and posting your work.


Related reading: Understanding the Science of Biblical Anthropology; Thoughts on Blogging; The Apostle Paul: Rules for Blogging; Blogging to Communicate the Gospel


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heartiest congratulations Alice. Well done, well deserved. In fact long overdue.

Alice C. Linsley said...

Thank you, David. I should have added that I contribute to Virtueonline from time to time.

You are one of the few publishers of my writing that took me seriously in the early days and I thank you for that. :)