Friday, March 13, 2015

Beyond One's Self


Zach Esenbock

A Lenten Meditation

In my Dasein, I need to make a clearing for my life’s purpose. I believe that a knowledge of one’s purpose is a good framework for success. Unless I know the purpose for which I was created, I cannot gain clarity about my life. Successful people seem to have a sense of purpose and direction.

When an individual is successful it contributes to creating prosperous communities and, eventually, better societies. There is a direct relationship between philosophical or religious introspection and the quality of life for the individual and the larger community.

I also feel that I need to better empathize with others. Empathy is key in discerning why one acts and thinks the way one does. This is helpful when trying to maintain long-term relationships in life. The success I seek involves clarity about my purpose and direction, and also lasting relationships.


No comments: