Saturday, March 14, 2015

Making a Place For Love


Rick Childress (Grade 11)

A Lenten Meditation


I need to make a clearing (Lichtung) in how I deal with the relationships with my friends. Sometimes I feel the way I act is too shallow. I need to find ways to care more deeply for people. That part of my being (Dasein) needs to change. It needs a place cleared for new growth.

I want to feel more at home with my peers, and have them feel more comfortable with me. I need a space where love can spring up.

There are aspects of love that I do not understand. I feel as though I am shrouded in shallowness and that only deeply caring for others can help me see people clearly. Superficiality must be cleared before love can produce new life in my Dasein.

Related reading: Stepping Out From the Shadows: Beyond One's Self, Pride Halts Progress




No comments: